Becoming a McDonald's franchisee is not for everyone. Taking on a McDonald’s franchise is a 20-year commitment, which is why we’re so selective – we want to work with the right people. Of course, running a successful restaurant business demands a particular set of skills. And, while you don’t need experience in the food industry, it’s important that you have the ability, passion and determination needed to lead your business and your team from the front. Because as a franchisee, you’re building your own business – and taking ours to a whole new level.
- A Restaurant Franchise typically costs between £400,000 and £800,000 to buy.
- You’ll need to provide 25% of the investment in unencumbered funds upfront – the rest can be funded through a bank loan.
- Training costs of around £750.
- Monthly rent on the premises based on sales and profitability (usually between 10% and 18%).
- Service fees for the use of the McDonald's system – currently 5% of sales.
- Contribution to the national marketing spend – currently 4.5%.